Call for Presentations / Proposals is now closed
2017 ECSTEM CONFERENCE
Interested in presenting? Scroll to the bottom of the page.
The ECSTEM Committee announces the Call for Presentation for our 6th Annual Early Childhood Science Technology Engineering Math (ECSTEM) Conference. We are seeking proposals for presentations that offer diverse components that emerge from STEM education. Being held at the Hilton Pasadena on February 3-4, we aim to promote and increase awareness of the importance of introducing STEM education in early childhood (birth through eight years).
Must relate to early childhood STEM education.
- Be research based or evidence based.
- Relate to target audience of educators, practitioners, administrators, or leaders of the early childhood community.
- Must be focused on the following foundations/standards: California Preschool Learning Foundations, Head Start Learning Framework, Common Core, or Next Generation Science Standards.
- Relate to the following approach/philosophy: Constructivism, Project Approach, High Scope, Reggio, Froebel, Montessori, or Research.
- Earth Science (rocks and minerals, water, soil, climate weather, etc.)
- Life Science (plants, animals, insects, humans, habitats etc.)
- Physical Science (matter, force and motion, simple machines, energy, etc.)
- Technology (robots, circuits, switches, light, etc.)
- Engineering (structures, models, woodworking, wire working, etc.)
- Mathematics (measurement, numerals, numbers, patterns, games, data, graphs, etc.)
- Observation, implementation, documentation, exploration, discovery, investigation, etc.
- Anything STEM related
Please complete and return the proposal form no later than Thursday, June 30, 2016. You can return the presenter form via email (fill out form, save, then send) to ECSTEM@CALTECH.EDU or mail to The Children's Center at Caltech ATTN: ECSTEM, 1200 E. California Blvd., Mail Code C1-133, Pasadena, CA 91125. If you are having difficulty accessing the presenter form online, please send an email to for a word or pdf file.